Seifer-sama as Jak

Jak

Jak & Daxter / Jak II

Cosplayer: Seifer-sama
Now that it's no longer a secret I can talk about the progress for this cosplay!

Jak:

Jak has always been a favorite character of mine and I finally managed to work up the courage to start this monster about a year and a half ago. I do have to admit that almost every aspect of this cosplay made me really nervous. From the wig, to the ears, to Daxter..... But I slowly managed to complete this and I have to say, I'm so happy with the end result.

The shirt is actually more like a jacket that zips down the front and was made of this super nice stretch polyester. I even made the clips for the belts in the back out of worbla, based off of the ones in the concept art! The capris were probably the easiest part of this costume, just straight normal pants. The bandanna and face mask took a few tries to get just right, and actually ended up being two separate pieces, but I can pull the face mask up in case I ever wanted to do a shot like that. The gaiters were two separate fabrics sewn together with vinyl belts sewn into them. I also added the same clips to the gaiter belts.

Originally I wasn't going to use a muscle suit, but then saw another cosplayers' tutorial on how they made their own and so I decided to give it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised with not only how nice it looked with the costume but also how easily it came together!

The armor and goggles are all funfoam covered in worbla and took quite a bit of shaping to get right. The lens for the goggles are resin and I used the same vinyl for the straps to cover the base of the goggles. Lots and lots of hand-sewing not only for the goggles but for the edging for the gloves and pouch as well.

The wig and goatee were some of the scariest things on the Jak part of this cosplay. I'd never dyed I wig before and I'd certainly never made anything like a goatee before, so it was all one huge learning process. I think the wig took me about four hours to dye, but I was so happy with how vibrant the color came out. I was so worried it would be muddy. I found a goatee tutorial I found on Arda's website and basically followed that as close as I could. Again, super happy with how that came out as well.

Jak's forever long ears were another huge obstacle, but I tackled these in a similar manner to my Zelda ears, just five times longer. XD I ended up using a soda bottle to hold my latex while I dunked the ears into them. It actually worked pretty well!

Daxter:

Of all the things I was afraid of, Daxter was by far the scariest. I've made a few plushies before, but nothing quite as intricate as him. I started building a base body pattern shape for him out of newspaper and tape and once happy with the look, I used it to make the real pattern for him. I used an orange velboa fabric for the base (which if I were to do this again, I would have picked a lighter fabric, but it's fine) and began putting my made pattern together. I only had a slight problem with getting the legs to sit right, but the rest actually came together without too many issues.

The face was a similar process, but I decided it would be best to have a solid shape so I could sculpt eyes and teeth rather then making them out of fabric. I ended up sculpting the front of the face out of worbla and adding clay for the eyes and teeth, and then added the plush face to sit over it. I'm not sure if that was a smart decision or not because it was a lot of work, but the end result came out pretty cool. I even looked up tutorials on painting doll eyes, which was really creepy, but educational.

I made his goggles in the exact same way as Jak's, except much smaller of course. His gloves has to be partially hand-sewn because they were so tiny. Once everything was attached and finished I added a ton of wire into him so he would be totally posable. I think my only mistake was I didn't account for how heavy his head would be in the end, so at some point I need to open him back up and add more wire... but other than that I'm super happy with it.

The yellow fur was all done with airbrushing, except his chest fur, which was a light yellow faux fur I added on and airbrushed to match.

Need to make:
Rifle
Hover Board (maybe.....)

Collaborating with Alasse Veneanar Captivations, EVZombie, Kelc761, and Mewchi!