Dark Brotherhood Assassin
DescriptionIt's DONE! :D This costume is seriously a dream come true. I wanted to cosplay the Dark Brotherhood when Oblivion came out, but I didn't think my leather skills were up to the challenge. When I saw the updated version in Skyrim I fell in love all over again and decided it was time! I worked on this on and off for about a year, drafting all my patterns from scratch, cutting/sewing/distressing/detailing/all that fun stuff and I couldn't be happier with the results. Hopefully more pictures to come soon!
Belt is made from 5oz vegetable tanned leather. I cut, tooled, dyed, antiqued, sealed, burnished the edges, and riveted everything with gunmetal hardware. The hand on the back is a little creative liberty. When you look at the armor in the inventory it looks different than when you wear it, and that hand is on the belt and on the front panel; I thought it was a cool little detail to add on there ^^
The base suit is black stretch faux suede and 2oz red pig suede. I darkened the red suede with black RIT dye, and used gunmetal rivets in 7 sizes ranging from 3/16" to 1 1/4" inch. The appliques are stitched on with off-white thread.There is an invisible zipper on the front, hidden in part by the center front applique, and the belt covers the horizontal seam between the apliques on the torso.
The hood is made from the same stretch suede as the suit, and lined with dark red faux non-stretch suede. Same as with the suit I highlighted the seams with white ink and added some decorative stitches with dark grey thread.
The mask is made from the same red faux suede as the hood lining. I ended up making it with a few seams down the front and sides and it's fully lined for a nice tailored look.
The bracers are black utility leather covered in red suede and stitched with off-white linen thread, with black snap closures.
The boots are store bought and altered. I took them in a little so they weren't so loose (they were those "slouchy" boots). All the hardware and stitching was done before the appliques were applied, and they're attached with hot glue.
Blade of Woe is made from 1/4" plywood, paperclay details, about 3 layers of paint for distressing/highlights/shadows, and a leather wrapped handle.
Papers are made from regular white printer paper I dyed with tan RIT dye. The font is Viner Hand ITC and the hand print is my own, made with diluted acrylics.
vrogy Woah! I reaaaaally dig the IRL Letter. Looking forward to seeing this in red and black!
anime_grl i'm now following you so you'd better upload many pictures once this is finished ^-^ lol jk. but seriously. really nice job so far.