Hunter x Hunter
DescriptionFor somebody whose canon powers involve sewing, Machi's outfit is a weird conglomeration of semi-incompatible styles. (The phrase "pastel weeaboo" was thrown around a few times during the making of this costume.) I think I like her 1999 color palette marginally better, but I do really love her pink hair <3
Fabric breakdown is as follows:
- Dress: stretch sateen (the lavender color apparently doesn't exist and had to be dyed), lined with Casa satin
- Obi: cotton shirting with lightweight interfacing. The tails have floral wire to give them that mangled, loopy look.
- Shorts and Gloves: 4-way stretch spandex
- Obijime/Obi Tie: stretch sateen
- Pin Cushion: cotton remnant from the discount bin, covering polyfill stuffing and cereal box cardboard (to hold the shape). Attached with elastic band.
- Leg Warmers: poly stretch knit
The base wig is an Arda Inigo in Bubblegum Pink, with a ponytail clip. I'd like to add more wefts to the ponytail before I wear this again, but the base wig is awesome - 10/10 would recommend.