Disney's Beauty and the Beast
Dress- Made from a modified Simplicity Pattern (2813). Polyester/silk blend satin for the bell sleeves and skirt. Polyester/cotton blend for the bias tape trim, hair bow, and long sleeves. Cotton flannel with a printed fern design for the bodice and shoe covers. The bodice was lined with a dark green cotton and interfacing to add necessary structure/support. Horsehair braid was sewn into the skirt hem to add flair.
Petticoat- White cotton, with two combined floral/rose laces to finish the hem.
Props- Book box, painted blue with regular acrylic paint, and a fake rose threaded with battery-powered string lights brought for cheap at Target. The battery pack was hidden in the book box and the rose stem wrapped with green craft tape to cover the visible wire.
The wig is an Arda Ferrari in dark brown. I went with a darker shade so I could pull my own hair up along the front to create a natural hair line (and before anyone asks why I didn’t just use my real hair altogether, it’s far too long for Belle and doesn’t hold curls well). Make-up was done by me as well.