Okay. I started this a while ago, but I didn't have much of a chance to work on this for a VERY long time--up until spring break. So for that ENTIRE week, I woke up, sewed, slept, and repeated. I ended up pulling two all-nighters in a row just to finish this in time for judging; even then I finished it 11:30 am, which coincidentally was my judging time.
The main white fabric is a white French satin. The red and dark, dark red parts are cotton sateen that I dyed and dyed over and over again to get colors I liked. For the gold, I made all the piping with cording and gold spandex--IT'S EVIL. I'm probably going to remake all of it so that it lays perfectly flat and looks better. I casted all the jewels using that EasyCast epoxy stuff. That was fun. The coins are handmade from paperclay. They were stamped, sanded, and painted by hand. (Thank you mom! I couldn't have finished without you!)
I punched the holes for the eyelets to attach all the coins. The eyelets were spraypainted with burgundy and black to match the fabric. I bought the lovely red and gold braid for my headdress from Tutu.com. I thought it was absolutely beautiful and was much better than my choices at Joann Fabrics.
I styled the wig myself. It used to be a flippy blonde wig, but I straightened it, curled the ends, added wefts, and dyed it (and then lightened it and dyed it again) myself. I'm very very happy with the color.