Help for RWBY Blake cosplay weapon

Archived Thread
Our site is currently being changed over to the new version. Everything you see is currently in read-only mode. Additionally, the layout and UI will not be complete until all sections have been re-enabled, so please ignore any layout issues (or bland-ness) at this time.
#1 Sanszhin on 2 years ago

Hi,

I'm currently working on RWBY Blake cosplay weapon prop. The thing is I don't know how to carry the weapon on my back without visible straps, which would probably be seen on front part of my costume. Is there a way to hide the straps so I can stay original to the character? In the series it looks like it's held by magnet and no straps are shown.

I considered to get white and black straps so it would match the front part of my costume, because Blake's costume is black and white.

My issue is a bit similar to Cloud(Final Fantasy), how he carry his weapon.

Any ideas?

#2 beckala3505 on 2 years ago

hiya,

I think that if you use clips that are part of the Coat/jacket and have the scabbard clip into place.

not knowing exactly how you're creating the outfit I couldn't give anything more descriptive.

but if you use something like these [url]https://www.dive-logs.com/images/products/436.jpg?temp=forcenew[/url]
then at least you can remove it as and when needed. one near the top and one near the lower back.

hope this helps

Follow Cosplay.com