Chihiro-kuma on 5 years ago
Hello lovely ladies of Cosplay.com!
If you have ever heard of FanimeCon, the largest convention is norcal, you may have heard of its resident maid cafe. Audition season is just around the corner, so if you're interested in becoming part of our meido family, here's everything you need to know about our 2015 auditions :)!
- - -
First off, here are the [b]basic requirements[/b] for volunteering for Fanimaid Cafe:
1. You must be a girl, and at least 16 years of age by FanimeCon. We are strictly a [u]maid only[/u] cafe.
2. You need to provide your own registration, transportation, and approved uniform.
[u]What kind of girls are we looking for?[/u]
Well, while we're fairly easy-going and open about the girls we invite into the Fanimaid Cafe family, we do have a few things we look for! But don't be shy! We don't bite. (This is a volunteer gig, and being a maid is completely NON-SEXUAL.)
1. You love anime/manga/games and have an interest in maid cafes, moe-kei, and Akiba culture!
2. You want to learn how to be a maid, dress up in a cute maid uniform, and meet people!
3. You're willing to sit with patrons and partake in fun conversations and games
4. You're willing to dedicate at least 4+ hours per day of FanimeCon (except Monday) to Fanimaid Cafe
5. You're willing to be on a team with a bunch of cute maids and give it your all to make Fanimaid Cafe 2014 as awesome as ever!!!
[u]And a PLUS would be (but not required nor do they affect your eligibility for joining):[/u]
1. You have serving experience in a restaurant ([b]We are also looking for people with California-registered Food Handlers cards!!! They're extremely easy to get, if interested.[/b])
2. You're interested in performing on Stage Zero with your fellow maids
3. You've been to a maid cafe in Japan and are knowledgeable related subjects
4. You are fluent in Japanese (though this is not a requirement)
Note: When you become a volunteer at FanimeCon and work up to 20 hours related to Fanimaid Cafe, you may be reimbursed for a full-weekend badge! But you still need to purchase your registration first, and ask about volunteering by contacting the volunteering department, or upon pick-up.
- - -
We'll be hosting try-outs starting [i]late February[/i], and we need you to pass ONE try-out in order to volunteer. (Please show up to only ONE try-out.) Upon passing, we require you to keep up on e-mail updates and announcements, as well as attend a mandatory meeting on Friday evening of FanimeCon.
[u]This year's try-out dates will be in [b]multiple locations[/b]:[/u] Clicking on the try-out location will bring you to the official Facebook event! (Facebook event pages will be created soon. Check back later!)
[b]San Francisco Japantown:[/b] The courtyard across the street from the Pagoda. We'll be meeting in the round stone seating area in front of Shabu-sen. (Google Maps: [url]http://goo.gl/maps/Lt99B[/url] The street in between is Post St.)
[b]San Jose Convention Center:[/b] We'll be meeting in the San Jose Convention Center. Please meet us in the lobby. It is important that you arrive on time, as we will not allot for more than 15 minutes of tardiness before we move on. [url=https://www.google.com/maps/place/McEnery+Convention+Centeremail@example.com,-121.8890094,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x808fccb0748b2f73:0x1615f1acacf4449a]Location on Google Maps[/url]
[B]Starbucks on Truxel Rd. in Sacramento:[/b] We will be meeting in the Starbucks in Natomas Marketplace. The address is [url=https://www.google.com/maps/place/3511+Truxel+Rd,+Natomas+Marketplace,+Sacramento,+CAfirstname.lastname@example.org,-121.5049238,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x809ad647b1f261f9:0x84d5ee8623411146]3511 Truxel Rd, Sacramento, CA 95834[/url]
[b]Weller Court at Little Tokyo, LA:[/B] The L.A. tryout will be hosted in Weller Court. See the [url=https://www.facebook.com/events/1560640150857941/]Facebook event[/url] for more details.
Saturday, February 21 at 10:00 AM
Saturday, February 28 at 2:00 PM
** PLEASE NOTE: We are no longer doing the public mailing list. If you would like to try-out, please show up to one of the try-out dates. Online applications will [i]not[/i] be offered this year. The option to apply online will only be given under special circumstances. Please send an e-mail to [u][email protected][/u] if you have any questions or negotiations regarding this.
- - -
Fanimaid Cafe is a fun experience, and many of us have made irreplaceable memories and experiences making friends and growing together, as well as found many opportunities through our event. We welcome many of you to join our family, make friends, work hard, and most of all, have fun! Our staff consists of knowledgeable, helpful, and supportive people here to make Fanimaid Cafe a great team to be a part of. Being a maid is a lot of hard work, but if you're willing to give it your all, we promise you that it'll be a memorable experience.
We hope to see you there!
Let's go Fanimaid! 始めましょう! Hajimemashou!
Chihiro-kuma on 5 years ago