Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Assassin's Creed

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 351 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-08-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
Baldy

Assassin's Creed: Altair

I don't know if this is viable for cosplay purposes, but I'm trying to get a jump start on Halloween '08, and you guys have the best costume designs.

So, has anyone thought about this character in terms of costume options? I think it would be pretty rad.

Baldy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #2
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User

yup, I am planning an Altair costume and it is gonna eat my soul T_T. I want to try and use real leather for his belt, sheathes, and pouches... don't ask me why. I want to start practicing leather working and tooling over thanksgiving break to start practicing for it.

As for the metal parts, I am making them out of fiberglass and I want to make his cloak out of some sort of canvas... or something O_o

(omg this is suicide haha)
aBrokenBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
Baldy

Awesome! Be sure to take some pics when you get started! I have no idea how to work with cloth or leather, but I can "carve" stuff out of metal (with a grinding wheel), but aluminum stock can be pricey.

I used fiberglass for my leonidas props, very messy, but I could see how with some practice, I could make a decent item.
Baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #4
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User

Yeah, I've used fiberglass before. I don't really think it is all that messy but it just smells horrible T_T. Anyways, I will probably have some progress pics up in a few weeks and I will definitely post them =D
Unread 11-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #5
Chibi Lenne
Ghoulia

Done, and done, I had him done (mostly) for Anime North in May this year, and FanExpo in August, but I don't think too many people really knew who my friend was cosplaying as.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1144802
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1144801

Probably the most expensive and work intensive costume I have ever made @_@ The belt and armor bits were made out of craft foam and a LOT of glue. My favorite piece is the metal bit (also made of craft foam), the rest of the costume is all ultra suede.

2015 Cosplay Plans
Queen Odette / surprise?? / Madam Vastra
Follow me on Facebook for more updates
Costume Con 35 Will be RETURNING to Toronto 2017!!

Last edited by Chibi Lenne : 11-08-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Chibi Lenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #6
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

M@DCOW (I think that's how he spells it) has been working on an Altair cosplay for some time now. It's looking really good.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 05:37 PM   #7
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Lenne View Post
Done, and done, I had him done (mostly) for Anime North in May this year, and FanExpo in August, but I don't think too many people really knew who my friend was cosplaying as.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1144802
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1144801

Probably the most expensive and work intensive costume I have ever made @_@ The belt and armor bits were made out of craft foam and a LOT of glue. My favorite piece is the metal bit (also made of craft foam), the rest of the costume is all ultra suede.
Holy fudge ripple... that's really good O_O.

Nice work!! I especially like those gauntlets =3
Unread 11-08-2007, 06:02 PM   #8
Magnas
3d Enthusiast

This is something I've wanted to for a while now. I was just curious about how to go about the hood? I have absolutely no experience in sewing, working with patterns, or where to FIND decent patterns. But I want to get some ideas so I'll have something to work towards.

Naturally, I'm not gonna jump right in. Make some small stuff, etc. But I lose inspiration if I don't have something to work towards.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to comment on the photos. Go figure.

EXCELLENT work. I notice a few things missing (the daggers on his belt and on the strap near his shoulder) but that's a small personal detail. Fantastic!
Cannibalism. Imagine that. Chowing down on another human being. You gotta be all out of beef jerky, man. You gotta be really f-----g hungry. But it happens, doesn't it? Still happens to this day. A bunch of people stranded in the wilderness run out of pop tarts, gotta eat something. Might as well be Steve. - George Carlin

Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n roll. - Shigeru Miyamoto

Last edited by Magnas : 11-08-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Magnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #9
Chibi Lenne
Ghoulia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnas View Post
This is something I've wanted to for a while now. I was just curious about how to go about the hood? I have absolutely no experience in sewing, working with patterns, or where to FIND decent patterns. But I want to get some ideas so I'll have something to work towards.

Naturally, I'm not gonna jump right in. Make some small stuff, etc. But I lose inspiration if I don't have something to work towards.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to comment on the photos. Go figure.

EXCELLENT work. I notice a few things missing (the daggers on his belt and on the strap near his shoulder) but that's a small personal detail. Fantastic!

Yeah he had the daggers at FanExpo, but we lost them in transit back home after the convention. We're working on getting some new ones.
He's also missing the back and side pouches in that photo X_x

On a side note, when I find the tutorial I used I'll post a link. Those gauntlets still smell of epoxy though ^_^()

2015 Cosplay Plans
Unread 11-16-2007, 11:39 PM   #10
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User

I got my limited edition copy of assassin's creed a few days ago, complete with (tiny) Altair statue =D, so yeah, the Altair cosplay is ON! (I'm still waiting for my artbook though T_T. Hopefully I'll get it on monday)

[small spoiler... perhaps? It's nothing they haven't said in pre-release interviews but i guess it is sort of a spoiler anyways. Just being safe]

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Anyways I've been playing around for a while and well... his costume CHANGES! Whenever you change a rank, your costume changes ever so slightly (at least from what I can tell) to accommodate the new equipment you earn back.

So, since there are many versions of his costume, which one should one make?
Unread 11-17-2007, 12:11 AM   #11
Chibi Lenne
Ghoulia

I bought the Limited Edition art book when I got the game (and am I the only one disappointed with the tiny Altaïr 'statue' T_T)

I plan now (that I have the artbook) on doing a female Assassin, or whatever they are. They're in the back garden in the first...village thing, where the Assassin's camp always is.

Edit: Also, I'm annoyed. The 'thing' on his back. In the previews and the art for it CLEARLY was a quiver for his cross bow >_< now its a sword, so I have to go change that on the original costume ;_;

and I will -not- be changing the trim on the sleeve to look like runes, I hand painted the design on it from the art poster back in May x.x

2015 Cosplay Plans
Unread 11-17-2007, 12:22 AM   #12
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User

Quote:
I bought the Limited Edition art book when I got the game (and am I the only one disappointed with the tiny Altar 'statue' T_T)

I plan now (that I have the artbook) on doing a female Assassin, or whatever they are. They're in the back garden in the first...village thing, where the Assassin's camp always is.

Edit: Also, I'm annoyed. The 'thing' on his back. In the previews and the art for it CLEARLY was a quiver for his cross bow >_< now its a sword, so I have to go change that on the original costume ;_;

and I will -not- be changing the trim on the sleeve to look like runes, I hand painted the design on it from the art poster back in May x.x
Yeah, I was disappointed with the figurine too, cause, you know, they said it would be 12"...

Lying bastards -_-
Unread 11-17-2007, 12:30 AM   #13
Chibi Lenne
Ghoulia

There is a 12" figure...but it was a prize given out to the Creed Challenge (Canadian contest) but still -_-()

Edit: if you can afford it, I'd suggest buying the Artbook. It's packaged with the strategy guide but its worth it

2015 Cosplay Plans
Unread 11-17-2007, 12:53 AM   #14
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User

Quote:
There is a 12" figure...but it was a prize given out to the Creed Challenge (Canadian contest) but still -_-()

Edit: if you can afford it, I'd suggest buying the Artbook. It's packaged with the strategy guide but its worth it
Dang... Looks like I won't be getting that figure. Aww well, there are so many pics of Altair's costume that you don't really need it.

Do you know if the artbook that comes with the guide is different than the one that comes with the preorder? My preorder one should be coming soon, but I might just get the guide one as well. I was planning on getting the guide anyway hehe =D
Unread 11-17-2007, 01:21 AM   #15
wingclipped
Lost in the woods

I've wanted to make this costume since the very first time I saw the teaser for the game. Unfortunately, there'd be little point to me getting either the guide or the game for the sake of getting the artbook, since I haven't managed to save up to buy the console to play the game on yet x.x Oh well, whenever I do end up attempting it, I can always rely on internet searches.

Quote:
They have female assassins? Eep! Could I possibly bother you for a scan? I was contemplating trying to do a female version of Altair's costume, but if there are female assassins I might try one of those.
wingclipped is offline   Reply With Quote