Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Archives > Northeast Cosplayers Picnic

Closed Thread
Unread 09-16-2003, 05:12 PM   #1
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

NorthEast Cosplayers Picnic in Philly, Oct 25th, Ridley Creek State Park

It has been decided upon!

The second picnic in Philly will be Saturday, October 25th, 11AM-6PM
It's being held in Picnic Area 17 of Ridley Creek State Park, about 20 mins in the suburbs of Philadelphia (it's so big, it's in three townships ^^; )
The area features...
-A picnic table pavilion (roof over our heads!)
-Ample parking space
-Playground elements (swings and slide, wee!)
-Direct access to the trail that leads to the creek (waterside pictures?)
and most importantly, what every picnic area in the park has...
-On-site restrooms
There are also vending machines, but we'll have our own stuff so that's not an important factor >.>

For more information on the park, including a map of it, visit the PA Dept. of Conservation and Natural Resources' website: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...idleycreek.asp

DIRECTIONS
From Philadelphia: Get to PA-3, West Chester Pike, however you would usually do, and go West down it until you reach PA-252, and turn left. You will see a sign for Ridley Creek State park once you reach Gradyville Road. Turn right. Once you pass Providence Rd, you will be in the park. When you see the sign for Areas 8-17, turn left. Follow the signs until you come to Area 17. Park, and relax

From the southern part of the Blue Route/476 (Media-Chester): Take the Blue Route up to the Rt 1 Exit. Take Rt 1 towards Lima (West) until the 252 exit, where you will see a sign for the park. Exit and head North (right) on 252. After Rose Tree Park you'll see another sign for the park; turn Left there on to Providence Road. Continue until Gradyville Road, and turn left. You'll be in the park now, so look for the signs and follow em

From the NJ/PA Turnpike: Exit on to the Pennsylvania Turnpike, I-276 (It's exit 6, I believe). Stay on that for a while, until the exit for I-476 South. Be careful, it's a sorta tricky exit! You need to make sure to get the left lane of the exit, or you head north. If you miss it, don't worry, take the Norristown exit, and there will be a turnoff for 476 on the ramp. The toll, if you came from the NJ turnpike, will be $1.65. Continue down 476 until the exit for PA-3, Upper Darby / Broomall. Exit off and stay to your right on the ramp. Continue using the From Philly directions.

From I-95 in Delaware, Maryland, etc: Exit onto PA-452 NORTH, Exit 2 I believe. Stay on 452 until you come to the intersection with PA-352 / Middletown Rd and turn left. Stay on 352 until you hit Gradyville Rd, where you'll turn right. Same deal as before, once you see the sign, turn into the park, and follow the signs!

From North Jersey: Take I-287 South until the exit for US-202 South. Get on 202 and stay on it the long way to PA. There is a $1 toll when crossing the Delaware River. Continue on 202 in PA. Be careful, it changes roads a few times. Once you reach the expressway part of 202, stay on it til the end, and exit on to PA-611, Easton Rd, South. Continue on 611 until the PA Turnpike. Exit onto PA Turnpike, and head West towards Harrisburg. Continue using From NJ Turnpike directions. The toll will only be $0.60.

From Collegeville area (since we have a few people from up there...): Get on PA-422 and take it East. Take it all the way to the 202 interesection, and get on 202 West towards West Chester. Exit onto 252 South towards Paoli. Stay on 252 for a long while, past Rt. 3. Refer to From Philly directions.

From Lancaster area: Take Rt 30 East until you reach PA-322, where you'll exit South/East. Stay on it til 202, take 202 south for a bit, then exit onto Rt 3 and head East. Turn Right onto PA-352, just after the Market Place shopping center. Stay on 352 until you reach Gradyville Rd, and turn Left. Follow similar directions once inside the park.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
From Philadelphia
Get to the 69th St. Terminal however you normally would. From there, take the 104 Bus (to West Chester). Along West Chester Pike, you will see a sign on the left side of the road for the park. Get off at the next stop; you will be directly across WCP from main park entrance. CAUTIOUSLY cross WCP, and there will be car transport for you to take you to the picnic area >.>

From New York
Take Jersey Transit's Northeastern line to Trenton, NJ. From there, take the SEPTA Regional Rail R7 train to 30th Street Station. Walk a lil bit to the 30th & Market subway station, and get on the Market-Frankford (Blue) Line subway, and take it to the 69th Street Terminal. Follow same directions as From Philly.

NOTE: You PT guys should try and coordinate to meet up at 69ST and take the same bus to the park. That way, you're all there at the same time, and we who are driving you to the picnic site don't have to make repeated trips =P Also, if you are taking public transportation, please note so in the poll. ...Uh... once I figure out how to get the poll up in this thread :X

Last edited by Oshi : 10-12-2003 at 09:03 PM.

Unread 09-16-2003, 08:30 PM   #2
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

Photos of the picnic area are uploaded!

http://images.cosplay.com/showgaller...176&ppuser=444

Also, I'm working on some maps to show how to get to the park from each of the places I gave directions
Unread 09-17-2003, 07:37 AM   #3
Rinkun
Fareigner to Old Country

yay! we get to play Frogger across the WCP X3

awe, the place looks nice :)
The mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind.....
Unread 09-17-2003, 07:48 AM   #4
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

Okay, here's some maps...
First, A close up of the route to the park when coming from the north and east.
Includes markers to show where the Bus Stop is, and where my house is >.>

When coming from Chester and the southern part of the Blue Route.

Coming from the Collegeville area

"All routes lead to Ridley Creek!"
Unread 09-17-2003, 09:16 AM   #5
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

Oh yeah. Food-wise... It's pot luck again. Bring whatever you want!
There WILL be barbequeing this time! So if you wanna bring anything other than burgers and hot dogs for grillin', feel free to!
I might even make some genuine Philly cheeseteaks >.>

I'll also supply the plates, utensiles, napkins and cups, unless other people want to take that off my hands
Unread 09-17-2003, 09:50 AM   #6
Lady Ava
Costume Designer/Tech

Sounds like fun! *works feverishly on Arwen* Sew Sew sew....must take pretty pics ^^

"Yen goes in. Toy comes out. That's what capsules are all about!"
-The Capsule Jingle as brought to you by AUSA 2007.
Unread 09-17-2003, 05:03 PM   #7
isami
Mid or Feed

I'll have to confirm going, but it's most likely a yes.

As far as food goes: I'll bring non-carbonated drinks cuz I no drinku teh soda. I'll also make fried rice. ^___^ It's my specialty!!!

~isa

Kiwi Zing
Otakudom Rules
------------------------
Upcoming Cons
AB ? || A-Next || Otakon || M-Next

Live Journal \\ Deviant Art

Unread 09-17-2003, 05:18 PM   #8
Misa-chan
batteries not included

I won't miss this one! Well, I'll try not to.

:: Next: Anime North 09 ::
-Formal Casca (Berserk)
-Shinobu (No More Heroes)
-Bunny Bulma (Dragon Ball)
-Yamine Aku adult ver. (Vocaloid)[?]

2009: Setsucon, Katsucon, Anime North, Anime Expo, Otakon, NYAF, AUSA
Unread 09-17-2003, 05:22 PM   #9
Xx Lulu xX
Seriously, Im back...

^-^ Well Im with Isami...if she goes, I go, and if I do go, Im baking a Cake or Cupcakes For Us!
Unread 09-17-2003, 05:24 PM   #10
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

I'm finding a way to come this time!

Shinigami Photos
Unread 09-17-2003, 06:48 PM   #11
Rinkun
Fareigner to Old Country

i was thinking of making Teriyaki Vegetable Kabobs...since i don't want the meat to go bad and i know some people are vegetarians XD
The mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind.....
Unread 09-17-2003, 07:12 PM   #12
Tora
Agent IY

Sounds like a good idea! I'll alert the troops ^_~

...just hope we can drive through Philly without running any stoplights this time >_>''''''

AoC.com

M*Y*V
Unread 09-17-2003, 09:37 PM   #13
Xx Lulu xX
Seriously, Im back...

YAY! Tora! Woot! I Hope Everyone Goes So I Can See You Guys Again!
Unread 09-17-2003, 10:16 PM   #14
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

Tora: LMAO. Don't worry, it's not hard to see the stoplights on 452, and there arn't any on 352 and Gradyville ^^;

Just don't blow through any stop signs ;D
Unread 09-18-2003, 08:36 AM   #15
otakutre
Cake 'n' Cosplay

Yaaaaaaaaay picnic! I think it's going to be a very Zelda day for me. Mah Otakon Zleda group needs some nice outdoor shots and this looks like the ideal place to get them! Yay!

I'd bring milk to be in character (I'll be wearing Malon) but I'm afraid it'd spoil! Expect baked goods from me!